By Lauren Reeves
Are you looking for an easy slow cooker recipe for St. Patrick’s Day? The typical recipes are easy to come by, but not always easy to execute (who wants to make a brine and soak their brisket for several hours to a day?). Nothing says “Irish it was spring” quite like the classic dish of corned beef and cabbage. Celebrate the start of warmer weather with this simple crockpot meal:
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 4 potatoes (or cauliflower) of your choice, peeled and quartered
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 3 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or 3 TBSP minced garlic)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or stevia)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (3 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet, cut in half
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into wedges
Place onion, potatoes, and carrots in a 5-quart slow cooker. Combine water, garlic, bay leaf, sugar, vinegar, and contents of spice packet in a small bowl; pour over vegetables. Top with brisket and cabbage.
Cover and cook on low until meat and vegetables are tender, 8 to 9 hours. Remove bay leaf before serving. Enjoy!