By Rebecca Fending
As raspberry season begins in Florida, what better way to integrate fresh berries into your meals than with a moist treat to satisfy your sweet tooth? Whether you have a slice with your morning coffee, after dinner coffee or even just as a snack during the day, this loaf is a perfect pick-me-up. Add a bit of lemon juice and zest to the mix and you’ve got a summery pep in your step! Here’s how to make a Lemon Raspberry Cake Loaf:
Ingredients for Lemon Raspberry Cake Loaf:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice (depending on your taste)
- Zest of whole lemon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries mixed with 2 teaspoons of flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease your loaf pan with butter.
- Grab a large bowl and whisk flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In another large bowl, combine oil, sugar, sour cream, eggs, lemon juice, zest and vanilla. Gradually add dry mixture to wet until just combined.
- In a small bowl, toss raspberries and two teaspoons flour. Fold raspberries into batter.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for one hour or until done. Start checking loaf around 45-minute mark.
- Let cool slightly, serve and enjoy!
*OPTIONAL: Make a glaze! One tablespoon milk, one teaspoon lemon zest and three tablespoons powdered sugar.