Thumbnail image from Pixabay
When we think of October, it tends to conjure images of bright orange pumpkins, fluttering leaves in an array of different burning colors, warmly spiced drinks and throw blankets. However, Floridians know that October doesn’t always mean that the weather will feel like autumn. With a state average of about 84 degrees throughout the month, most of us don’t feel like turning on the oven and baking a pumpkin pie for a full hour. So, what are we to do when we’re craving that classic pumpkin flavor but refuse to bake along with the pie?
This is where a pumpkin dessert dip comes in—full of the beloved spices that accompany pumpkin (cloves, allspice, cinnamon…), this dip is the perfect no-bake recipe for the season. Fluffy, creamy and indulgent, pumpkin dip may convert you to the no-heat side of seasonal desserts.
Drawing inspiration from various sources that have created something similar, here is the perfected recipe for a simple and sweet dessert to add to spread for company or keep just for yourself:
Ingredients for Pumpkin Dip:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) instant French vanilla pudding mix (MUST be French vanilla)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup plain, canned pumpkin
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Graham crackers, gingersnaps or vanilla wafers for dipping
- With a standing or hand mixer, mix together the heavy cream and instant pudding until peaks form. Typically, 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in powdered sugar until combined. Then, fold in canned pumpkin and spices until uniform.
- Chill for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight) in a sealed container. Serve with a light dusting of cinnamon as garnish, your choice of crunchy cookie or sweet cracker and enjoy!
Note: If you’re not a fan of dip, you can make or buy graham cracker crust in a pie plate and fill it with the dip recipe! Refrigerate for the same amount of time and slice it up when you’re ready.