Thumbnail image from Pixabay
From Family Features
Despite a holiday season that’s practically guaranteed to feel different than any other, one constant will remain for many: enjoying the taste of favorite foods and beverages while cozied up at home. Enhance the holiday spirit and complement the meal at your table with adult beverages that call for season flavors to add to the festive vibe.
Whether you prefer your drinks with a fruity twist and plenty of mix-ins or would rather opt for a simpler combination, the options are vast. Many traditional holiday drinks require a small handful of ingredients that blend, mix or shake together to create a wintry flavor that’s worth the wait.
Toast the Season with Festive Holiday Drinks
Regardless of person preferences, one ingredient you can rely on when creating an at-home concoction is a mixer like those from Zevia, which are naturally sweetened with stevia include no artificial ingredients, colors or preservatives. These non-alcoholic, zero-sugar, zero-calorie mixers for cocktails (or mocktails) are available in three different flavors: Lemon Lime with Bitters, Tonic or Ginger Beer to provide a simple yet delicious complement to the ingredients of your choosing.
For a fruit-flavored solution, this Cranberry Smash Moscow Mule offers a sweet spin on the classic cocktail. Break out your favorite copper mug and let the cranberries and cinnamon sticks add festive flair to your fusion of vodka and ginger beer.
Alternately, if the sour notes of a margarita better fit your style, go for a holiday twist with this Winter White Margarita by blending in coconut milk and garnishing with cranberries and rosemary sprigs. By rimming your glasses with granulated stevia, you can add a sweet touch to each sip.
To find more holiday cocktail ideas, visit Zevia.com/recipes/cocktails.
Cranberry Smash Moscow Mule
Serves 1, double or triple as needed
- 1 cup cranberries, additional for garnish
- 3/4-1 cup water, divided
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1-2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces Zevia Ginger Beer Mixer
- For optional garnishing: rosemary sprigs, lime slices, cinnamon sticks
- In saucepan, boil cranberries in 1/2 cup water until they burst.
- Use fork to smash cranberries. Boil 3-4 minutes. Keep mixture moist by adding water 1/4 cup at a time.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- In a chilled copper mug (frozen for 2 hours, refrigerated overnight), combine vodka, lime juice, ginger beer and smashed cranberries over ice.
- Garnish with additional cranberries, rosemary, lime slices and cinnamon sticks, if desired.
Winter White Margarita
- 12 ounces coconut milk
- 12 ounces silver tequila
- 1 tablespoon orange extract (or fresh orange zest)
- 2 1/2 cups ice
- 1 1/2 cans of Zevia Lemon Lime with Bitters
- Granulated stevia for rim, optional
- Cranberries and rosemary sprigs for garnish, optional
- In a blender, combine coconut milk, tequila, orange extract or zest, ice and Zevia until smooth.
- Rim six glasses with a lime wedge, dip in granulated stevia.
- Divide drink mixture among glasses and garnish each with cranberries and rosemary, if desired.
Images courtesy of Getty images through Family Features.