Recipe inspired by MyKitchenLove.com
Once July rolls around, that’s typically when the summer heat settles into Florida. As wonderful as the season is for celebrations, sunshine and enjoying a cool drink at sunset, summer makes it difficult to want to cook. Having the oven or stove on heats up the kitchen, if not the whole house, making it nearly impossible to host guests.
If you’re looking for a quick, no heat needed dessert recipe for company, this s’more icebox cake is just what you need—because what’s more “summer” than a s’more? Make the night before for best results, or make the morning of guests’ arrival.
S’mores Icebox Cake Recipe
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 to 1 cup of mini milk chocolate chips (or two chopped chocolate bars)
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- One 7 oz. jar of marshmallow puff
- 8 to 10 graham crackers, some may need to be cut to size
- Line a loaf pan (preferably 9”x5”) with plastic wrap. Leave overhang at the top.
- Place heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl and place in microwave. Warm the cream in 30 second intervals. Once warm, add your chocolate. Let sit for 3-5 minutes and stir to dissolve chocolate. Place in fridge to cool.
- Once ganache is cool, remove from fridge and layer cake. Place marshmallows on the bottom of the tin, top with half the ganache, then graham crackers. Top with a layer of marshmallow puff, using about half the jar, then top with graham crackers. Another layer of ganache and then crackers, puff, crackers again. Cover completely with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- If desired, remove from plastic wrap, top with more marshmallows and carefully toast the marshmallows on top with a kitchen torch. Cut into slices using a metal knife warmed under hot water. Enjoy!