By Rebecca Fending
It’s easy to fall into a yearly routine for Mother’s Day, whether it be a meal at Mom’s favorite restaurant followed by a movie or just a relaxing day at home. If you’re looking for a way to shake things up this year, below are a few ways you can do just that in your area!
Activities with the family
One great way to change the typical Mother’s Day plans is by putting together a fun activity for the whole family. There are a ton of different ways that you can celebrate Mom and get some light exercise during the weekend. Family-friendly places like mini-golf, bowling or even just a beach walk can be a great bonding experience and the perfect way to soak up some sun (just don’t forget the SPF!).
Take her shopping
A great option if you weren’t sure what to gift her this Mother’s Day, taking Mom shopping for her day is a way to combine quality time and retail therapy into one experience. Below are just a few places that could be perfect for her depending on where you’ll be this weekend:
- Tampa: Hyde Park Village, Tampa Riverwalk
- Lake/Marion: The Salty Mare in Mount Dora, Lemonade in Eustis, Prominent Fox Boutique in Leesburg
- Southwest region: Charlotte Mercantile in Port Charlotte, Palms on the Pier Boutique in Punta Gorda, Pomegranate & Fig Boutique in Punta Gorda
- Suncoast region: My Lady Boutique in Clearwater, Mirabella Fashions in Dunedin, Seersucker Sassy Boutique in Safety Harbor
- Sarasota: L. Boutique Sarasota Woman’s Clothing Store, Apricot Lane Boutique, Lotus Boutique
Local Mother’s Day Dining Events
Typically, many local restaurants have special Mother’s Day menus and prices. Whether you’re looking for an upscale brunch or a casual dinner out, below are just a few restaurants in your area that could be a great fit. Be sure to make any reservations ASAP as slots fill up quickly:
- Tampa: Oystercatchers, Rusty Pelican, Élevage SoHo Kitchen & Bar
- Lake/Marion: The Troff in Eustis, Chris’ Place in Eustis, 1921 Mount Dora, Pisces Rising in Mount Dora
- Southwest region: Hemingway’s Grille in Punta Gorda, The Perfect Caper in Punta Gorda, The Grill at 1951 in Port Charlotte
- Suncoast region: Rusty Bellies Waterfront Grill, Inc. in Tarpon Springs, Cassis St. Pete, Sunset Grill and Beach Bar in Ruskin
- Sarasota: Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, The Reserve Retreat, Evoq Sarasota
No matter what you have planned for this Mother’s Day, Mom will love the thought and effort that goes into weekend planning!