Looking for a simple but festive and refreshing sweet treat? These cheesecake cups are perfectly bite-sized and ideal for adding to a buffet spread for a crowd.
Simple New York-style cheesecake is the base for this dessert, but topped with fresh berries reminiscent of the holiday. Or, add the fruit to the cheesecake middles prior to baking. Use any red and blue variation of fruit to keep on-theme and integrate bursts of freshness in each bite.
Yields 12 bites
- 4 graham crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh berries of your choosing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with 12 foil liners.
- Add crushed crackers and melted butter to a bowl and toss until crumbs are well coated. Divide over liners and press firmly to form a crust.
- Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl until fluffy. Add honey, lemon, eggs and extract. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Divide cream cheese over each cookie crust. If you’d like to add your fruit, jam or marmalade to the cups, do so now. Use a toothpick, slightly swirl the jam/marmalade, if you choose.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until set. Remove from oven, cool completely and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, top with fresh berries.