Advertise with Lifestyles After 50
The Most Effective Way to Target Florida’s 50+ Consumer
Reach over 274,000 50+ consumers every month in Florida’s largest senior publication
Lifestyles After 50 offers a variety of advertising options to consider such as creative ROP ad units, front page sticky notes, social media/digital packages, interactive web ads, preprints and other customized programs.
Reasons why Lifestyles After 50 should be part of your marketing plan
- Florida’s most read 50+ publication for 30 years
- Targeted affluent environments from Ocala to Naples
- Over 274K readers; 3.5 per copy
- Over 2,700 distribution points in 11 counties
- Average pickup rate is 95%, above industry average
Advertising options available
- Monthly magazine advertisements (Print & Digital)
- Online at www.lifestylesafter50.com (banner ads)
- Social media advertising
- Lifestyles After 50 Fun Fest events
Editions by Region
Lifestyles After 50 reaches 10 Florida Counties – Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte, Lee, Marion, Sumter, and Lake counties.
- Reaches over 78,000 seniors in Hillsborough & East Pasco Counties, including New Tampa, Tampa, Brandon, Town & Country, Sun City Center and Zephyrhill.
- Over 660 retail distribution areas and 22,500 average circulation
- Reaches 84,000 seniors in Pinellas and West Pasco Counties, including St. Petersburg, Largo, Clearwater, New Port Richey and Holiday
- Over 640 retail distribution areas and 24,000 average circulation
- Reaches over 56,000 seniors in Lee, Charlotte and Northern Collier County, including Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, Bonita Springs, Naples, Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte
- Over 730 retail distribution areas and 16,100 average circulation
- Reaches over 53,000 seniors in Manatee and Sarasota Counties, including Sarasota, Bradenton, and Venice
- Over 490 distribution areas and 15,200 average circulation
- Reaches over 21,000 seniors in Lake, Marion and Sumter Counties, including Mount Dora, Eustis, Tavares, Ocala, Leesburg, and The Villages and Wildwood
- Over 350 distribution areas and 6,200 average circulation
- Reaches over 7,900 seniors in Collier County, including 3,000 mailed copies in zip codes 34102, 34101, and 34110. 1,400 single copies in Bonita Springs and Naples
Please note: These are the subjects we plan to highlight in 2020. They should be used as guidelines while we retain our ability to evolve organically as the year unfolds, adding trending topics as they become available.
BUYING POWER OF THE 50+ MARKET
While real estate agents transform their sales practices to become more appealing to millennials, the 50+ market is still buying more homes than any other generation.
According to a Builder Online report, people over 50 will buy more than 50% of all new homes from now until 2030.
Boomers will fuel household growth over the next 20 years due to significant wealth and high ownership rates. 52-61 age group make up 16% of recent buyers and 62 to 70 age groups make up 14% of recent buyers.
According to research by the National Automobile Dealers Association the average age of people buying new cars is 51.7 year of age. AARP found in 2013 that 66% of all new car purchases came from 50+ and cited in this report by the University of Michigan’s Transportation Research Institute people aged 55 to 64 will buy a majority of cars.
According to the Joint Center for Housing Studies expenditures by homeowners age 55 and over are expected to grow by 33% by 2025, accounting for more than three-quarters of total gains over the decade.
AARP estimates Baby Boomers spend more than $120 billion annually on leisure travel. In Tampa Bay 48% of the 50+ market purchased airline tickets in the past 12 months, 53% spent at least one night in a hotel room last 12 months and 45% took at least one trip last 12 months. AARP reports that Baby Boomers aged 50+ are active travelers, anticipating four or ve trips in the next year.
Boomers spend $30 billion on pets annually and they will continue to spend more than any other age group.
REACHING THE 50 AND OVER MARKET
- Spending of people aged 50+ is expected to increase by 58% to $4.74 trillion while spending by the 24-50 age group will only increase 24%.
- Baby Boomers will inherit $11.6 trillion in the next 20 years and own 80% of all money in savings and loan associations.
- Nielsen estimates that in 2017 nearly 50% of the U.S. adult population will be age 50 and older and will control about 70% of the country’s disposable income.
Reach over 274,000 50+ consumers every month in Florida’s largest Senior publication
Advertise in print, web or face-to-face at Lifestyles After 50 Fun Fest marketing events throughout the year. Advertise in print, web or face-to-face at events (Advertising options include:)
Pharmacies, Department/Grocery Stores, Outlet Stores, Retirement Living Communities, 55+ Manufactured Home Parks, Restaurants, Recreation Centers, Hospitals, Doctor’s Offices, Hearing Aid Centers, Libraries, various Medical Facilities and more!