It’s National Social Security Month and this year we’re highlighting some of
the time-saving features of “my Social Security” account. Once you create an
account, you’ll see that Social Security already has your work history and secure
information to estimate what you could receive once you start collecting benefits.
With your personal my Social Security account, you can also:
• request a replacement Social Security card
• set up or change direct deposit
• get a proof of income letter
• change your address
• check the status of your Social Security application
• get a Social Security 1099 form (SSA-1099)
For over 80 years, Social Security has worked to meet the changing needs
of the American public. Today, you can apply for retirement, disability, and
Medicare benefits online, as well as take care of an assortment of other business.
Spread the word. Encourage friends and family to create a “my Social
Security” account too. Learn what you can do online anytime, anywhere at