2 pounds alligator wings
1/3 c. honey
¼ c. ketchup
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. curry powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
olive oil for basting
• Place wings in a resealable plastic bag.
• Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour mixture
into bag over the wings, coating well. Seal the bag and marinate
wings in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
• Preheat grill to medium heat.
• Remove wings from bag and discard marinade.
• Place on grill or grill basket over direct heat and cook for
10 minutes, turning regularly. Brush with olive oil to keep moist
• Cook for additional 10 minutes over indirect heat. When meat is
cooked through and no longer pink, remove from grill and serve.
Gator meat can be harder to find than an alligator in a muddy lake, but Julie Harter a.k.a. Lady Gator Trapper sells it (see related story), it can be found at specialty butcher shops, or you can consult florida-alligator.com/Alligator-Meat/Suppliers. This five-star recipe is from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.