With temperatures ruthlessly high and rising, many of us may be looking for light, refreshing recipes to try out. Whether it’s swapping a smoothie for oatmeal in the morning or enjoying this super satisfying BLT wedge salad for lunch or dinner, be sure to stay cool and hydrated as we ride out the rest of summer.
BLT Wedge Salad with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
Recipe by Lisa LaFontaine Bynum
For the salad:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into quarters (eighths if the head is large)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 strips bacon cooked, diced
Buttermilk Bleu Cheese Dressing:
- 1 large egg
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces blue cheese, coarsely crumbled
- In a blender or food processor, combine egg and garlic cloves.
- While the machine is still running, slowly add oil in a thin stream.
- Turn the machine off and add buttermilk, salt, and peppers. Blend for a few seconds more to combine.
- Pour dressing into a bowl and stir in cheese.
- To assemble salad, arrange one wedge on a plate. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with halved cherry tomatoes and bacon crumbles.