The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) is the
state’s clearinghouse for consumer complaints, protection and information and regulates various business industries operating in Florida.
FDACS provides a variety of resources at FloridaConsumerHelp.com to protect Florida consumers and ensure they have the information they need to make informed decisions.
• The A to Z Resource Guide is an online directory to help Floridians find the most
appropriate government agency to contact for various issues.
• The Business/Consumer Complaint Lookup is an online resource that allows consumers to view businesses’ registration and complaint information.
• Check-A-Charity is an online searchable database that provides consumers with
registration and financial information for charitable organizations that solicit
contributions in Florida.
• File a Consumer Complaint online or request to have a complaint form mailed to you by calling the Consumer Assistance Center at 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) or
• Stop unwanted telemarketing calls by joining the Florida Do Not Call List.
• Request a Speaker, at no cost, for your community or club meeting.