By JENNA LEE REEVES
Halloween snacks needn’t be calorie-laden cavity producers. These Green Party Monsters are downright healthy and their funny little faces are sure to enchant all party guests, young and old. One bite and they’ll be screaming for more.
Green Party Monsters
Green apples, quartered
Wilton Candy Eyeballs (available at Walmart, Michael’s)
Eyeballs may also be made with blueberries and halved mini marshmallows
• Slice the middles out of each quartered apple to create the open mouth.
(A squirt of lemon juice will help prevent browning.)
• Cover the inside of the “mouth” with peanut butter.
• Press sunflower seeds into the top of the “mouth.”
• Place 1 slice of strawberry inside for the tongue.
• Using peanut butter as “glue,” attach the eyeballs.
• Make sure you have a variety of one-, two- and three-eyed monsters.
• Have a Happy Halloween!