By RANDAL C. HILL
Whether by yourself or with friends or family, take a break from all the pre-Christmas activity, pour a cup of apple cider, grab a pencil, sit down, and see just how many of these puzzlers you can get right.
1. The best-selling Christmas single ever is
a. Jingle Bells
b. Here Comes Santa Claus
c. White Christmas
d. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
2. In It’s A Wonderful Life, what happened every time a bell rang?
a. It snowed.
b. A guardian angel appeared.
c. An angel got his wings.
d. Bert and Ernie showed up.
3. The movie Home Alone 2 features a cameo appearance by
a. Bill Gates
b. Warren Buffett
c. Steve Jobs
d. Donald Trump
4. In The Muppet Christmas Carol, Scrooge is played by
a. Michael Caine
b. Al Pacino
c. Bernie Sanders
d. Christoph Waltz
5. Whose last words were “I’ll be back again someday”?
a. Arnold Schwarzenegger
b. Macaulay Culkin
c. Santa Claus
d. Frosty the Snowman
6. On what department store was the Miracle on 34th Street based?
d. B. Altman
7. Frosty the Snowman’s eyes were made of
d. sliced cucumbers
8. The father of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is
9. What does Lucy want most in A Charlie Brown Christmas?
a. a baby brother
b. real estate
c. a new dollhouse
d. a magic wand
10. What was the first children’s toy to be advertised on television?
a. Red Ryder BB gun
b. Lone Ranger doll
c. Mr. Potato Head
11. Here Comes Santa Claus was written by
a. Irving Berlin
b. Jerome Kern
c. Roy Rogers
d. Gene Autry
12. What does Alvin the Chipmunk want for Christmas?
b. hula hoop
c. new bicycle
13. What Christmas song was written for Thanksgiving?
a. Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
b. Deck the Halls
c. Jingle Bells
d. Santa Baby
14. Scrooge’s dead business partner in A Christmas Carol is
a. Jacob Marley
b. Bob Marley
c. Bob Cratchit
d. Charles Dickens
15. Coca-Cola began using Santa Claus in ads during the
16. The custom of putting up a Christmas tree comes from
17. The most popular Christmas Day dinner in Japan is
a. roast duck
b. prime rib
d. KFC fried chicken
18. The cartoon character most watched by Swedes on Christmas Eve is
a. Donald Duck
b. Bugs Bunny
c. Woody Woodpecker
d. Mickey Mouse
19. What magic item of clothing brought Frosty to life?
b. pair of boots
d. pair of gloves
20. An advent wreath should have how many candles?
21. The proper holiday greeting for Kwanzaa is
a. Happy Kwanzaa
b. Joyous Kwanzaa
c. Merry Kwanzaa
d. Blessed Kwanzaa
22. Which one is not a gift to baby Jesus from the wise men?
23. Hanukkah is also known as the Festival of
24. What “spy” hides in the house and judges who’s naughty or nice?
a. Spy Barbie
b. Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer
c. The Elf on the Shelf
d. Sean Connery
ANSWERS: 1–c; 2–c; 3–d; 4–a; 5–d; 6–b; 7–a; 8–a; 9–b; 10–c; 11–d; 12–b; 13–c; 14–a; 15–b; 16–c; 17¬–d; 18–a; 19–a; 20–b; 21–b; 22–b; 23–b; 24–c.