Thumbnail image from Pixabay
By Rebecca Fending
If your Mother’s Day weekend is wide open, you’re in luck. There’s no shortage of things to do in your area this holiday, and what better gift to Mom than planning an exciting weekend full of exciting new events?
Mother’s Day Brunch, Activities and Dinner
Tampa Bay Area
- Mother’s Day Brunch @ Rusty Pelican: Get this Sunday started on the right foot with an impressive brunch at Rusty Pelican. Beginning at 9:30 am, this 3 course brunch includes delectable seafood options, and even bottomless mimosas for an extra charge per person. View the full menu and make your reservation ASAP at therustypelicantampa.com.
- Zoo Tampa at Lowry Park: If Mom is an animal lover, you can’t go wrong with your local zoo. Open from 9:30 am to 5 pm, you can visit with the manatees, giraffes, panthers and even African elephants. Visit zootampa.org for more information, tickets and reservations.
- McKay Bay Nature Park Trail: For those who ate their fill at brunch, lunch or even want to have a Mother’s Day picnic, McKay Bay Nature Park is the perfect option. Wind through mangroves and mudflats on foot and observe local avian life and migrations while you get some sun. For more information, visit the park site.
- Dinner at Seasons 52: Treat Mom to a deliciously upscale Mother’s Day dinner at Seasons 52. Noted for being a great place for celebrations or date nights, this restaurant offers a takeout special with a meat entrée and several sides to pick from. Check out the full menu or place your reservations/takeout order at seasons52.com/menu-listing/mothers-day.
Lake, Marion and Sumter Area
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Lakeside Inn: The perfect brunch outing for Mom, Lakeside Inn in Mount Dora offers a 4 course meal for $39.95 per person. From Quiche Alexandre to their delicious lobster roll, brunch is sure to be a hit. For more information and to make your reservation, visit lakeside-inn.com.
- Essential Therapies Garden Spa: Looking to treat her (or yourself) to a spa day? Essential Therapies in Mount Dora offers is currently running a number of specials to give Mom a day of pure bliss and relaxation. To book a service for this weekend, book here or call 352-735-0044.
- Cedar Lakes Woods and Gardens: At about an hour’s drive away, Cedar Lakes is a gorgeous park and botanical garden area formed from a previously abandoned limestone quarry. Schedule a guided tour, or explore together as you walk across bridges and breathe in the beautiful flora. Visit cedarlakeswoodsandgarden.com for more information.
- Dinner at Fish Camp on Lake Eustis: For those looking for a more casual, lake front dining experience, Fish Camp offers fresh seafood dishes, sandwiches, burgers and salads fit for every palate. Find the full menu or make your reservation at fishcamponlakeeustis.com.
Sarasota and Manatee County Area
- Brunch at The Sarasota Art Museum Bistro: The Bistro is quickly growing in popularity among Sarasota residents. And now, brunch is on the menu! With free mimosas for moms and an exciting menu of quiches, tartines and other goodies, here is a perfect place to start your Mother’s Day celebration. Visit sarasotaartmuseum.org/bistro/ for more information.
- Mote Aquarium: For the marine life-loving Mom, Mote Aquarium is celebrating Mother’s Day with 50% adult tickets for mom this Sunday. Use code “MD21” at the ticket checkout on Mote’s website. For tickets and more information, visit mote.org.
- Mother’s Day Dinner and Dancing at Waterfrontoo Restaurant: Dine and dance on the water May 15, at Waterfrontoo Restaurant in Nokomis for $50 per person. With a delicious menu and drinks, this is sure to be a Mother’s Day to remember. For more information and to purchase tickets, call 941-544-8195 (Anna Bridinger, Venice), 917-499-0955 (Marian Czekala, North Port) or 941-416-4230 (Mateusz Zagata, Osprey). Or, visit the event Facebook page here.
- Mother’s Day Celebration at The Wine Room: For the Moms who love a good glass of wine, The Wine Room is celebrating on Friday, May 7. For $40 per person, you get a glass of our Featured Wine, a Logo Glass to take home, a Charcuterie box from Grazing Haus, a Chair Massage from Growing Younger Therapeutic Massage and Body Work, and a bag full of goodies! Hang out and enjoy your cheese and wine while participating in raffles and shopping from our local women owned business vendors! For more info, visit the event Facebook page here.
- Mother’s Day Cruise Special: Also on May 7 is this Mother’s Day cruise at Fishermen’s Village in Punta Gorda. Treat yourself or the mom(s) in your life by taking a luxurious private cruise around Charlotte Harbor. For information and ticketing here.
- Painting With a Twist: Celebrate the holiday with a guided wine and canvas painting class! Bring your own beverages and learn how to paint “A Morning Walk” by instructor Anabel. Class starts at 7 pm on Saturday, May 8, and is $38 per person. Learn more at the event page here.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Market Salamander Grille: Starting at 10 am this Sunday, treat Mom to a wonderful 3 course brunch with items such as Apple Pecan French Toast or Lobster Benedict in Puff Pastry with Tarragon Hollandaise. For the full menu and to make reservations, visit the restaurant’s event page here.
- Mother’s Day Dolphin Watching: Get out on the water and enjoy the sun, drinks and Florida’s dolphins in Clearwater. Aboard a double-decker catamaran, listen to your captain’s commentary as he points out luxe mansions along the coast. Cruise out into the open waters of the Gulf of Mexico to see the region’s dolphins and learn about their biology and behavior. Pack light, as drinks and snacks are available for purchase on board. Make your reservations and find out more on Trip Advisor.
- Mother’s Day Tea: Enjoy a fancy day out to tea at The Nest at Caracara in Dunedin. There will be a selection of savory and sweet finger foods to accompany local loose leaf teas. Big hats and feathery fascinators welcome! Seating is limited, reserve your seat today at caracaranest.com.