Thumbnail image from The Recipe Critic
‘Tis the season for entertaining, hosting and finding new recipes. As nice as it can be to have guests over, sometimes figuring out the perfect menu can be a hassle. From appetizers to dessert, holidays are typically centered around food. However, here’s a simple recipe to keep company happy.
The holiday season usually means setting out a cheese ball as an appetizer for guests to nosh before the main event. However, if you’re looking to keep all hors d’oeuvres single-serve, these bite-sized cheese balls are perfect. Place these on a bagel chip, cracker or spear them with a pretzel stick. Regardless, these savory mouthfuls are sure to keep guests happy as they await the main event.
Holiday Cheese Ball Bites
- 6 slices of bacon, precooked and chopped
- 8 oz. block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped chives
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Bagel chips, pretzels or crackers for serving
- In a bowl, add cheeses, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Place bacon crumbles, chives and nuts into a small bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- After freezing, portion and shape mixture into teaspoon-sized balls. Roll the balls around in the bacon mixture, coating completely.
- Place balls on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate until company arrives.