Reminder: You Can Get Instant Replacement Tax Forms Online


You’ve finally sat down to work on your taxes and you’re ready to file today—until you notice that you’re missing your SSA-1099! Now what?

We make it easy to get the replacement Social Security tax forms you need. But first, double-check your stack of mail—you may already have the one we mailed to you in January.

An SSA-1099, or Benefit Statement, is a tax form Social Security mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits. It shows the total amount of Social Security benefits received in the previous year so people know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on their tax return.

For noncitizens who live outside of the United States and who received or repaid Social Security benefits last year, we will send form SSA-1042S instead. The forms SSA-1099 and SSA-1042S are not available for people who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI).

If you or your clients currently live in the United States and need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, we have a way for them to get an instant replacement, quickly and easily. Encourage your clients to go online and get an instant replacement form with a my Social Security account at The online replacement form is available beginning February 1, 2017.

Social Security is with you through life’s journey—even during tax season.

Get your replacement Social Security tax forms at


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here