With spinach and strawberries in season right now, what better way to get your fruits and veggies in than with a super satisfying salad?
This fresh springtime salad is a perfect lunch or a nutritious snack. As temperatures rise throughout the season, you may want to keep this permanently stocked in your fridge.
Springtime Strawberry and Spinach Salad
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. bag of spinach
- 2 cups of cucumber, sliced
- ½ of one red onion, sliced
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of strawberries, diced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Optional: your favorite nut, such as almonds or walnuts
- Prepare your chicken breasts however you prefer—baked, air-fried, grill, etc. Set aside and dice or shred. Set aside.
- Wash and thoroughly dry your spinach. Add the leafy greens to a large salad bowl, along with all other fresh ingredients, including the chicken. Toss well.
- Portion out the salad into serving bowls. Top with feta, vinaigrette and nuts, if desired.