By JENNA LEE REEVES
Sweet corn is one of summer’s favorite culinary delights. Served fresh,
its tender kernels snap open to release sweet nutrition including
Vitamins A and C, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, calcium and iron. Enjoy
this taste of summer in the recipe below, furnished by Fresh from Florida
Florida Sweet Corn and Ricotta Fritters
2 ears Florida sweet corn, kernels removed
4 oz. ricotta cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped fine
1/3 c. self-rising unbleached or whole wheat flour
Olive oil (for shallow pan frying)
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
• In a medium bowl combine the corn, cilantro, ricotta, eggs, flour, and a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
• Add a small amount of olive oil to the pan.
• Carefully add spoonfuls of the corn mixture to the pan, cook on both sides until golden brown.
• Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
• Serve with low-fat sour cream if desired.
” People have tried and tried, but sex is not better than sweet corn.”
~ Garrison Keillor