As good as turkey tastes on Thanksgiving Day, it tends to get boring
after the second or third turkey sandwich. Try these turkey tacos
for a tasty alternative without a lot of fuss.
Turkey Tacos By Jenna Lee
Yield: 6 servings
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Package taco seasoning mix
1 1/2 c. water
2 c. turkey — cooked (cut into bite-size pieces) or ground turkey,
browned in a skillet and drained
1 c. chopped tomatoes
1/2 c. celery
1/2 c. onion
6 corn tortillas or taco shells
1 c. refried beans
1 c. shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
Optional toppings: Lettuce, sour cream or yogurt, avocado or guacamole,
taco sauce, olives. For a new taste twist add bacon bits.
• In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat and combine taco
seasoning mix, turkey and water.
• Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes,
• Add tomatoes, celery and onion and simmer on low heat for
5 or 6 more minutes until onion is tender.
• Heat taco shells in oven according to instructions.
• Spread shells with beans and seasoned turkey mixture.
• Top with cheese and return to oven for 2 or 3 minutes until cheese
• Add toppings and enjoy!